Sunday, October 9, 2011

So Tired

Crazy couple of weeks after giving notice. I think I worked harder in the last two weeks than ever before, which of course isn't true, but I certainly didn't phone it in. Went out Friday night for only the 2nd time in the last year with work peeps ... it was fun and I hope I didn't say too much (that last pumpkin beer may have given me a loose tongue, but at that point, everyone else had had a few as well).

Today I ran the BAA 1/2 - in exactly the amount of time I thought it would take. I said 9 minute miles and they were 8:59's. Considering I did NO training for this, it was pretty damn good. The question is, why don't I want to run any more? When I am doing it, it's really fun and I am actually pretty good at it, but since I am not training for a marathon, I can pretty much do it when I feel like it and get away with it.

I think I need to re-focus on quantity of events maybe ... spend more time with TIR's. I did offer to be a captain of a team next year which means I will have to be motivational and lead by example ... hahahahaha.

But really, what is next? 2011 has been a very good year. A couple of 1/2 marathons and a full in April. A flash mob experience that I am not sure can be topped. A new job in a still-down economy. So what is next? How do I find something motivating but flexible enough to fit into my already busy life.

Maybe that's what I can do this week that I have off ... figure something out to do along with clean the house, long ride with Katie, lunch with the girls and Heather, a massage, a cross country meet and a trip to Sweet tomorrow. No wonder I am so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment