Saturday, October 1, 2011

Another new job

One of my old bosses posted on my FB page ... "what are you in the witness protection program?" It's true, I have changed jobs a lot in the last 6 years since I "went back to work".

The last year has been tough ... though I actually liked what I was doing and was pretty good at it, the place I worked is literally toxic, to quote Ms. Brittany Spears. The good news is, after almost 9 months, I got a job that I think will work. More money, working from home 1-2 days a week, and excellent benefits. I am soooo over looking for a job. I have deleted all my search lists, and even the folder of miscellaneous rejections, and plan on doing nothing but settling in once I start on the the 17th.

Between now and then, I have to finish some work. No, I am not one of those types who just checks out once giving notice - those of you who are friends from former places know that those last 2 weeks I try to make up for actually leaving. Then next Sunday I am running the BAA 1/2 ... going to be tough since I am barely running these days. Hope to spend some time with Emma, but her schedule is pretty busy so who knows ...

For all of you who are working at a job you are miserable at or even just unhappy, you too can make a change. There are jobs out there, it just takes time and determination. If I can get 6 jobs in the last 6 years - each time making more money and getting new skills from the last, you can make the change. I've learned a lot from all this ... hopefully something I can put to use in my new job : )

No comments:

Post a Comment