Sunday, May 13, 2012

So much to do, so little time

Every few hours, I am reorganizing my schedule to fit everything in. It usually starts with me going to the bootcamp schedule on line to determine when I can get in my three classes a week. Conflicts usually arise when Emma has a game or a performance, or this week, it's a recognition ceremony because she is just generally awesome - well in math. And then of course there's work, and sleep. Oh and did I mention, food? I seriously wish I had enough money to eat sushi every day. Life is good. I try not to complain, but of course, sometimes I just can't help myself. But let me make a list of the good things today: 1. Reach the Beach 2012 is going to be over this time next week, which is actually kind of sad, though I am looking forward to having accomplished it. The training with these unbelievably fabulous people has changed my life. The extras, including a trip to Foxwoods and watching D run a phenomenal marathon, have been sooo fun that I laugh still just thinking about it. Can't wait to spend 36 hours in a van running and stinking up the joint. 2. Physically I am in better shape than I ever have been at the ripe old age of 46 (soon to be 47). I actually noticed definition in my arms this morning which I have to acknowledge is pretty freaking cool. My running is strong because my body is strong. I wonder what I will take on next. 3. Emma is a rock star and so her mother's daughter, which I can say without feeling like she will be in therapy for the rest of her life. She's a busy girl right now ... soccer, softball, track, chorus, band, and a social life that certainly beats mine. She's also an excellent student as well as one of the popular kids but not in a bad way. 4. The girls ... had a great dinner with them this week and laughed and laughed and played Heidi Klum ... so fun. 5. Mother's Day. I will try to be a better daughter though I think I have been doing pretty well given all the circumstances : )

No comments:

Post a Comment