Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Another month bites the dust

So many things have happened since I last posted, but most of it has been about running. Just 2 days ago, I manned the Mile 4 hydration station for the 2012 Boston Marathon. Since it was almost 80 degrees at starting time, even for the wheelchairs at 9, I was so happy to be on the volunteer side instead of the participant side. Got to see so many people I know though as I shouted Gatorade, water further down, to 25,000 people who ran by me for a couple of hours. It was a great experience for so many reasons, especially since hanging with the TIRs is always a good time.

The day before, Camille, Gwyn and I had run a 14-miler together. I love the conversations that happen during a long run ... you never know where it's going to go. We started with kids, both human and canine. Moved on to bikini waxes which we all had various opinions about. During the last 3 miles, when it was really hot, we were quieter, but still managed to get through it and finished up in Dedham Square together.

Yesteraday, I ran 8.6 with only my Ipod. I do enjoy the music as well, though it does go faster when other people are with me. Then last night, I deadlifted at 75# barbell 125 times in 15 minutes. Kind of crazy.

This morning, Emma and I ran a mile and a half together. We chatted ... or at least I talked while she pounded along. I think Reebok Zig Techs are very heavy though she always says they aren't. They aren't Nike Free's are they?

Life is good ... racing the next 2 Sundays and the goal is to beat pace: 7:58 miles. I think I can since I hit a 7:03 mile in traffic the other night during boot camp (probably could have broken 7 if I had been on the track). Who would have thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment