Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's 2 am and I need you now ...

I am so tired of the Lady Antebellum song though the lyrics do ring true ... google it if you don't know what I am talking about.

I don't sleep very well these days and I don't know if it's because my new job is not exactly action-packed or if because I am not running as much as I used to or if it's because I am just old or some deadly combination. It hasn't really been a problem on a daily basis, but who knows if it will catch up to me.

The new job is fine, but not too much of a challenge. The good news is, it is very cut and dried so I am hoping I won't have to get emotionally involved considering there is so much outside of work with which to become emotionally overwhelmed. My colleagues are nice people and I seem to fit in while standing out a bit. We'll see how my first one-on-one with my boss goes on Monday. She's cool and pays attention which is something I am not used to.

The running thing ... ran 1/2 of the Hyannis Marathon on Sunday with my girls Katie and Rebecca kicking the second half. I didn't run as fast as I wanted to (slightly slower than last year) but overall, we did really well and it was fun to be with the girls again. Jess came along and took some great photos and coached us to a 4:02 finish! Next runs are short ones in April and I am going to be at a mile 4 water station for the Marathon with the Thirsty Irish Running Club which I finally joined.

Fisher, my brand new road bike, is now leaning against the wall in my bedroom since my living room is being painted. A delightful, metallic, light green with white saddle and grips, he and I both yearn to hit the open road. It's supposed to be nice on Saturday so I think I will ride to Wellesley or something. I have to buy paint, weigh in (which I skipped last week for the first time in almost 3 years) as well as do some flip charts since I am covering three WW meetings next week, but Fisher and I will make our debut I am sure. I just have to adjust my thinking to know that biking is just as good, if not better, exercise than running.

It's all about cross training in 2010. In every way ... exercise, work, life. Everything in moderation. A kid told me that the summer before I went to college ... I think I have only just started to understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment